The Last of the Wonders
Wednesday 23rd December
10am – 1pm
Buxton Museum and Art Gallery
|have you stared into ancient forests?|
Have you visited the Wonders before?
If not, why not make this your first visit! If you have wandered through the galleries before, join us for a last visit before the Exhibition is closed for a shakedown and a refit.
|have you growled with the Bear?|
What do you like?
What have you relished over the years?
Or what has made your skin creep!
|or seen the hungry hyena?|
The bear and the beasts and the bones?
A grinning mermaid in a glass case?
A delicate Blue John window.
Memories of plague and the Eyam Cross.
Roman treasures and the wonder of polished black Ashford Marble?
Join us for a morning of tales and memories
Listen to old tales from the Peaks.
Share your own stories with us, draw a card to keep and leave us notes, comments and pictures in our “Book of the Wonders”.
- The event is free and materials are provided
- No booking needed, just drop by and join in - but give yourself at least 30 minutes to get things done
- Children of 7 and under should bring a grown-up with them so we can scare the adults with the Bear....
- Buxton Museum, Terrace Rd, Buxton, SK17 6DA
- find out more about the Collections in the Landscape project here
wave! the Mermaid is watching!